48% of users believe website design is the #1 factor when judging a business’s credibility.
Many business owners are reluctant to refresh their website given the cost and difficulty associated with redesigning a site and finding an expert in web design. However, the amount of business lost can often pay for a new site several times over and make your customers happier at the same time. 94% of users create their first impression of a website based on web design alone so it’s critical to get it right.
Outdated websites may also not be up to new standards for accessibility, search engine, page load speeds, or mobile design. Each of these items if not addressed can cost thousands or more in lost sales. Studies have shown that a website tends to lose 5% of business per year when not updated and refreshed. In other words, a five year old site can be missing out on 25% or more of its sales potential!
Web design alone forms 75% of the judgment of a company’s credibility. Of these five reasons, proper website design is the most essential.
61% of consumers plan on spending more time online post-pandemic than they did before it. It’s more important than ever for your business to stand out online and build its credibility.
38% of visitors will stop browsing a website if the layout is unattractive.
Even if the contents of two sites are identical, a large portion of customers will abandon an unattractive or outdated website to seek out alternatives. Users may also be confused if the navigation is not intuitive or the site isn’t accessible to their needs. It’s also very important to consider your audience. We can provide you analytics that help you gauge your site to your customer demographics and target the design to their specific needs and preferences. Your competitors are likely using a one size fits all approach to their web design, but at Tunnel Vision Design we know that each business and customer base needs to be designed cooperatively with both business and customer in mind.
Poor First Impressions
The average user needs only 50 milliseconds to form an opinion about a website.
Both the speed of the page loading and the security and responsiveness of a website are among the most critical aspects of delivering content online. At Tunnel Vision Design we use state of the art caching and performance techniques to get you in top 3% of sites for speed and design.
We also partner with Cloudflare, the industry leading content delivery network and web security company, to include their services with every single site we create providing unmatched speeds and DDoS (Distributed Denial of Services) protection. An increase in site loading speed from 8 to 2 seconds can boost your visitors’ conversion rate to customers by 74 percent.
Non-Mobile First Design
57% of consumers wouldn’t recommend a business without a mobile-friendly website. Mobile devices account for about half of all web browsing now, yet many web designers consider it last as an afterthought. At Tunnel Vision Design we use our mobile phone testing lab to make sure your site looks incredible on a variety of devices during every step of the creation of your new website. 68% of companies with a mobile-first website increased their sales.
88% of online shoppers are less likely to return to a site because of bad user experience. Any of a number of issues including: poor layouts, slow speeds, confusing design elements, dated look and feel, unintuitive flow, or web errors lead to a frustrating experience that may cause potential customers to never return. Every visit to an old website that you considered “good enough” for the past few years may be turning off potential revenue streams forever.
Launching next year may be too late to ever capture this year’s clients. It’s important to have a User Experience (UX) expert involved in the creation of your website. If you didn’t consider user experience with your old website, it’s time to let Tunnel Vision Design’s experts handle it for your new website.
Low Quality Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
You may have heard the term SEO, but has your site been optimized for search engines? Many small businesses create a few webpages with a business overview and contact page, but don’t give much thought to driving traffic optimally to the site. Proper search engine optimization and marketing will also allow you to reduce overall ad spending and the time spent curating social media interest because traffic and potential business will be driven to your site constantly. We can help your site reach its maximum potential.
- Content is king – the most important aspect of SEO is always your website text content quality and frequent updates
- Use keywords – with our WordPress SEO software you can verify your page or article is matching with the keywords that you’ve chosen to target
- Speed – your website should be running on the absolute fastest cloud platform or you will be penalized for having a slow site. We will set you up with a preferred cloud hosting platform to get you A+ speeds.
- Analytics – Tunnel Vision Design includes free setup with Google Search Console and Google Analytics for every site, because we believe companies that don’t aren’t providing a proper base for your site to succeed day 1.
- Backlinks – the more sites that link to your content the higher your business will rank on search engine results. We provide consultation and optional backlink services with web directories such as Thales Directory as well as other options like guest posting and reciprocal linking.
- Keep users on your site longer – search engines track how long users stay on your site after they visit. With an eye-catching design and great content, your new site will be keeping users longer than ever.
Contact us today for a free consultation.