Every day we get calls and emails asking us how they can get started running their own Kentucky equine auction website. The good news is it is way easier than you think when you trust Tunnel Vision Design–the online horse auction experts. The information provided here is applicable to every state, so if you aren’t in Kentucky don’t worry, we’ve still got you covered. Give us a call today and we can get you started on the path to running your own site. Whether you are interested in sport horse auctions, trail horse auctions, or just general horses for sale we’ve got you covered. We are also able to offer auctions for other live animals, horse related equipment, or any other auction you may want to run on our industry leading auction software.
4 most important reasons you need to launch your own horse auction site:
- Set up everything how you prefer
- With a number of equine auction clients under our umbrella, each site gets to choose exactly how they want to run their auctions best for their business. No two businesses are the same so why should you sell your horses alongside everyone else on a large third-party site? They’ll tell you you can take what you can get, but you’ll never hear that at Tunnel Vision Design. We’ll work with you craft your custom vision.
- Remove risks from relying on a third-party
- Facebook and other social media sites commonly used for live animal sales are in a constant state of cracking down on small businesses and their rules and regulations change at their whim or based on the latest news outrage over animal sales. Those social media sites are still very important for growing your business and drawing eyeballs to your equine listings, but you’ll greatly reduce the chance that your account gets banned and you’ll eliminate the possibility of have your sales get blocked. Put your future in your own hands rather than Big Tech.
- Reduce cost of operation and maximize sale prices
- Nobody would run their own site if it was costing them more money, and we’ve never had a client build a site and go back to a third-party auction company or return to social media only sales. Third-party sites often have a ton of fees that aren’t apparent and social media really only works for fixed prices or a small amount of best offers. We’ll work with you to come up with a fee plan that is simple to understand, makes sense for your business and the items you are selling, and maximizes your profits.
- Gathering customer contact information and how they find your site
- When your customers create accounts on your site you’ll be gathering the emails of an interested market that you can email information on upcoming auctions and events. They’ll also be more likely to visit your site regularly than your Facebook page since they can see all of your upcoming and sold auctions in one easy to read place. We are also able to provide detailed analytics about who is visiting your site and how they got there, that’s information Facebook will never give you!
Top 5 Kentucky Auction Site Questions
We have found that clients interested in launching their own auction site tend to have many of the same questions, so we’ve included those below. Always feel free to contact us for more details about these or any other questions you may have.
What kind of control do I have over the auctions?
With our industry leading auction software, you have a great deal of flexibility over how you choose to run your auctions. You can also choose whether to only auction your own horses or allow the public to submit listings for you to verify for inclusion to run an auction for them.
Customize your auctions with options including:
- Anti-Snipe / Soft Close
- Reserve price
- Optional Buy It Now
- Scheduled future auctions
- Proxy Bidding
- Relist – Automatic & Manual
- Variable Increment
- Silent Bidding
- Credit Card payments
- Buyer’s Premium
- Custom look & feel website built to your design tastes and brand
- Auction listing history – show off your big sales and keep track
- Customizable emails for auctions ending soon, outbid notice, won auctions, and more.
Can we add videos to the horses?
Definitely, this is a key feature that really builds interest in the horse to be auctioned. People prefer to see the horse in action and so do we. We recommend hosting the videos on YouTube for best results, and then we can help you embed that video in a few different places on the listing depending on your preference.
How does Google find our site and what can we do to get more discoverable?
Once you give us the go ahead that we are ready for the public, we partner with Google to get all of your pages in their index including new auctions as they are created. We also set up your site analytics so that we can track information about the traffic coming to your website. Depending on the plan you choose, we can also take care of SEO (Search Engine Optimization) that can help your site get boosted above others for certain keywords and searches.
Can we auction things other than horses?
Of course. We want you to be able to sell whatever you need on your road to success. During our free consultation we can discuss how best to design your site depending on if you want to sell horse related items like trailers, tack, saddles, other live animals, hay, or non-horse related auctions.
How long does development take?
We like to under promise and over deliver when it comes to timelines and we can get more specific once we discuss your dream vision but generally 6-12 weeks would be an expected turnaround. We start with a prototype to make sure we are on the same page with the functionality you are interested in and then you can check in on the progress as frequently as you’d like. Once you are happy with the site it’s time to launch!
Kentucky Equine Auction Clients
Other Equine Auction Clients
Let’s Get Started Today
Contact us for a free consultation and we can discuss your dream site.